Monday, October 15, 2012

Office Makeover Part 1

I had given myself a goal to paint my office in September and believe it or not, I did!  We had the stickiest weather so I didn't want to put my furniture too close to the wall without being certain it was dry.  My office is now worthy of showing you my progress!

So what was I working with? The room wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything to fawn over either.


I know, it looks a mess right! When you don't love the room, you don't really feel the need to clean it up before you put pictures of the mess online.  It became somewhat of a storage room where we put the things we weren't sure about.

We painted it "Smoky Charcoal" by Glidden and I absolutely love it.  I have yet to purchase a tester and see how I like it before going for the gallon so I got lucky again.  Its a very smart idea but once you get me to home depot I really don't want to go home, try it, and come back...I guess I'm just lazy.  So, we got to taping, then got to painting.  Then I sat in the middle of the room and waited for it to dry because I was just so antsy!

I bought 2 Billy shelves from Ikea in black-brown and got to setting them up.  They are much nicer than some of the other furniture I have purchased from them in the past.  They even have a cut out in the back for where the moulding is/would be.

I had piled all of my frames and books in the guest room and now I am trying to sort through the mess.  Here is my office as of now.  It isn't done yet but it looks a heck of a lot better than it did before.



What do you think? I think I followed my inspiration for this space.

This office chair has got to go! So big and bulky!

Reese loves looking out this window with my little bench



I still have a lot that I want to do but I wanted to share my progress so far!

My next project? I'm thinking the basement bathroom, I'll give you a better idea when I nail down my idea.  I'm not sure if I can get it done in October but heres hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment